Virtual Number (also known as a dedicated number) is essentially a mobile number that can be acquired exclusively for you to send and receive SMS from. Virtual Numbers allow you to set up simple automatic replies for recipients that text in and or more sophisticated replies to specific keywords.
To set up your Virtual Number:
1. Navigate to Virtual Numbers
2. Click on the three dots ⋮ and select Edit.
3. Under Virtual Number Name, give the number a name.
4. To send notifications of messages received to your Virtual Number to additional email addresses, as an SMS to a mobile number or pushed to a URL, enter details in the Forward inbound messages to Email Address, Mobile Number or URL area.
5. You have the option to enable Auto Reply using the dropdown. This will automatically send a message (one you have preset) to anyone who has sent a message to your Virtual Number.
Tip: Auto Reply is NOT mandatory but is a great way to let the person who text in to your number, know that you have received their message. Perfect for order, appointment or campaign submissions
6. With Auto Reply enabled, set up your auto-response message:
Select a Sender ID and compose your Message.
7. Once you have made your changes, click Save.
8. You will receive a notification that your changes have been saved on the next screen.
9. You have the option to nominate Keywords that automatically trigger a different message to anyone who has sent that keyword in a message to your Virtual Number.
Tip: Again, these are NOT mandatory but they are a great way to automate responses to standard inquiries, provide specific information by code or capture competition entries. See here for how to set up Keywords.