Abiding by the laws of SMS marketing is essential when using Edgility. Before sending any SMS marketing, be sure to familiarise yourself with the Spam Act – Australia and New Zealand. It is very important that you adhere to these privacy rules.
The three key steps you should follow are:
- Consent – Only send commercial electronic messages with the addressee’s consent – either express or inferred consent
- Identification – Include clear and accurate information about the person or business that is responsible for sending the commercial electronic message
- Unsubscribe – Ensure that a functional unsubscribe facility is included in all your commercial electronic messages. Deal with unsubscribe requests promptly
Sending an SMS with your Opt Out Reply or Link, go to;
1. Send SMS
2. Build your Recipients List by adding contacts or groups, importing a file or entering/pasting numbers in the text area provided.
3. Use the From drop-down to select your Sender ID. Your Sender ID will decipher which Opt Out method will be available for this campaign.
Opt out signature availability;
Shared Local or Number – Opt Out Link or Reply
Virtual Number – Opt Out Link or Reply
Alphanumeric Sender ID – Opt Out Link ONLY
4. Compose your message, then click Signatures > select Opt-out Reply or Link from the dropdown, and your opt-out signature will be inserted into your message.
5. If you wish to schedule or stagger your campaign use the Campaign Delivery tools available.
6. Click Send.